Areas for Improvement (AFI)
Leadership and Management:
Rapidly improve the quality of leadership and management at all levels so that:
- all safeguarding arrangements satisfy the requirements of the most recent legislation
- effective and robust systems are in place to hold leaders and managers to account for the progress of all groups of pupils, but particularly for those who are disadvantaged
- leaders know the impact of pupil premium funding and target extra resources where they are needed
- policies and procedures are up to date, being consistently implemented and regularly reviewed
- there are effective arrangements for governance in place, which challenge leaders to bring about rapid improvement
- the curriculum is fit for purpose and provides pupils with a broad and balancedprogramme of work.
Teaching, Learning and Assessment:
Rapidly improve the quality of teaching, learning and assessment and accelerate outcomes for pupils, by:
- ensuring that all teachers have consistently high expectations for what pupils can achieve in all areas of the curriculum
- checking that assessment information is accurate and is used to plan appropriate challenge and support for different groups of pupils, particularly the most able
- improving teachers’ subject knowledge so that they know what to teach
- securing a stable and permanent teaching staff who are well supported by middle leaders to bring about rapid improvements
- developing the learning environment in the Nursery class to improve curriculum provision.
Behaviour & Attendance:
Improve attendance and behaviour by ensuring that:
- absence of all pupils is analysed, including for specific groups of pupils, and effective action is taken to make sure that pupils are in school and ready to learn
- the behaviour policy is consistently implemented and has a positive impact on learning in the classroom
- all staff know how to deal with challenging behaviour and keep all pupils safe when incidents arise.
Click here to view our Areas for Improvements (AFI) document.